FAQ’s – Indian Funeral Services Cost, Arrangements & Rituals in Sydney
We are here to help
My loved one has passed away. What should I do now?
Even if it was expected, the passing of a loved one can be devastating. So we suggest contacting someone close to you for support. It is also wise to contact your loved one’s doctor.
If your loved one has passed away at home, you should immediately call 000.
Then, we invite you to Contact Sahara Indian Funeral Home Sydney so that we can visit you to arrange a dignified funeral service.
What happens to my loved one?
In your time of need, we are here to help with honesty and compassion. Our personalized Indian Funeral Arrangements in Sydney can include transferring your loved one into our care. We can then meet with you to discuss the funeral service.
Do you understand the Hindu culture and rituals?
Rest assured, we are Hindus and practice Hinduism – and so we fully understand the Hindu funeral rituals. We support your family through every ritual to ensure religious practices are upheld. This means that as well as arranging a priest, we liaise closely with them to ensure your preferred rituals are honored.
Do I need to pay for a death certificate?
Every detail of your loved one’s passing is now our responsibility, so you have the time and space to grieve. That means we can arrange and pay for the proper documentation on your behalf.
How much will the Indian funeral service cost in Sydney?
At Sahara Indian Funerals Sydney, families trust us to provide a fully transparent service. That means we are open and upfront about your funeral costs.
We understand a funeral service can be a big and unexpected expense. But because we provide personal funeral services to suit your beliefs and budget, it is difficult to provide a cost here or over the phone.
The best step is to Contact Sahara Indian Funerals Sydney, and we will visit you. We will take care to understand your situation and come up with a funeral arrangement that is personal and peaceful – regardless of your budget or location in Sydney.
Price For Funeral Service
- Transport of the body from the place of death to funeral home/mortuary/holding room – $550.00
- Transport of the body from the funeral home to the location of service – $880.00
- Transport of body from service to cemetery/crematorium – Hearse – $660, luxury car – $440.00
- Storage of body in mortuary/holding room up to 5 days – $330.00. $220.00 per day their after.
- Hire of refrigeration plate – $1,500.00
- Coffins – Range from $1,200.00 – 2,600.00
- Metal Casket – from $5,000.00
- Timber Casket – $8,000.00
- Shroud – $40.00
- Cremation Capsule – $330.00
- Cardboard Coffin – $550.00
- Care and preparation of body – $440.00
- Embalming of the body – $1,100.00
- Viewing of the body during business hours – $550.00
- Arrangement and conduct of funeral service (including venue hire and celebrant). This includes the service being held at our venue for a period of up to 1 hour – $4,900.00
- Burial Service local cemetery – $5,900.00
- Cremation service at our crematorium – $4,500.00
- Death certificate – $60.00
- Fee charges by the cemetery (opening and closing) – $3,000.00
- Crematorium fee – $1,386.00
- Witness of insertion – $605.00
- Newspaper notice – as per supplier
- Family limousine – $900.00
- Flowers – from $330.00
- Package for NSNA – $2,900.00
What other funeral services do you provide?
We are proud to be the preferred Indian funeral directors in Sydney for many communities. We can arrange Buddhist funeral services, Fijian Funeral services, South Indian funeral services, and Sri Lankan funeral services.
Where do you do cremations?
We conduct cremations at these Sydney locations:
- Castlebrook Memorial Park Crematorium, Rouse Hill
- Eastern Suburbs Crematorium, Matraville
- Macquarie Park Crematorium, Macquarie Park
- Northern Suburbs Crematorium, North Ryde
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Crematorium, Leppington
- Pinegrove Memorial Park Crematorium, Minchinbury
- Rookwood Memorial Park Crematorium, Rookwood
We invite you to contact us to discuss our cremations and other funeral services in Sydney.